Grober® Kid-Gro 22:22:25 Kid
Milk Replacer For Artificially Rearing Replacement Doe Kids & Meat Goats
Net Weight: 5 kg / 10 kg / 20 kg Product #: 550001 / 550002 / 550003
Grober Kid-Gro 22:22:25 Kid Milk Replacer is an economical choice designed to be fed after three days of age to replacement doe kids and meat kids.
- Crude Protein (minimum) 22.0%
- Crude Protein milk sources (minimum) 22.0%
- Crude Fat (minimum) 25.0%
- Crude Fibre (maximum) 0.15%
- Ash (maximum) 8.0%
- Calcium (actual) 0.95%
- Phosphorus (actual) 0.7%
- Sodium (actual) 0.43%
- Vitamin A (minimum) 40,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D3 (minimum) 4,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (minimum) 150 IU/kg
This feed contains added selenium at 0.3 mg/kg.
- Weigh 150 g of powder per litre of solution.
- Mix with 0.5 litres warm water (60˚C) using a whisk, for three minutes.
- Add 0.45 litres cold water and mix again (total 1 litre).
- Feed the milk replacer solution at body temperature (approximately 40˚C)
Kid-Gro can also be used with automatic milk distribution systems, which mixes thoroughly the powder with water at 40 to 45˚C.
This schedule is only a guideline and should be adjusted to the needs of the kid. Approximately 10 kg of milk replacer will be consumed per kid. The newborn lamb should receive 150 ml/kg bodyweight of colostrum (approx 600 ml). The sooner kids receive colostrum the more effective the absorption of antibodies (protection against disease). If maternal colostrum is not available or to protect against disease transfer (eg. CAE or Johnes) use a good quality colostrum replacer.
|Kid Age||Feedings per day||Mixed Milk Replacer Solution per Feeding (mls)|
|days 1-2 (colostrum)||4||250|
- Frequent feeding of small amounts will decrease digestive upsets.
- Reconstituted Kid-Gro may be refrigerated up to 24 hours. Discard unused portion after 24 hours.
- Free choice milk is served at room temperature; do not leave kid bar empty for more than two hours. Milk should not be left out longer than two hours.
- Clean ALL feeding utensils and equipment after each feeding: rinse in lukewarm water, wash with a detergent in hot (80°C) water, rinse with clean water (ideally a 5 to 10% bleach solution daily) and dry thoroughly with a clean towel.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- When kids are consuming approximately 120 to 150 g of concentrate ration per day, weaning may begin. A gradual weaning process will reduce stress and weight loss at that time.