Power CalfTM 18% Calf Grower (Pellet)
For Calves Ages 12 Weeks – 24 Weeks
Net Weight: 25 kg Product #: 401326
Power Calf 18% Calf Grower is proven to continue optimal growth in weight and frame and average daily gain, and to support rumen papillae development. Power Calf Grower provides all critical needs for helping a healthy weaned calf become a dairy cow with more profit potential by optimizing mammary gland proliferation which results in increased lifetime milk production.
- Crude Protein (minimum) 18.0%
- Crude Fat (minimum) 2.3%
- Crude Fibre (maximum) 14.0%
- Calcium (actual) 0.7%
- Phosphorus (actual) 0.5%
- Sodium (actual) 0.43%
- Vitamin A (minimum) 13,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D (minimum) 2,700 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (minimum) 54 IU/kg
This feed contains added Selenium at 0.3 mg/kg.
Feed Power Calf Grower from three to six months of age at a rate of 3.0 to 4.5 kg per day with free-choice good quality forage.
Always have free-choice water available for calves.
Changes to the feeding program should be made gradually for adaptation to take place. Follow an on-farm feeding program provided by your Masterfeeds Account Manager.
Features & Benefits
Contains 18% all vegetable protein.
Supplies the appropriate amount of protein level to maintain growth momentum.
High level of digestible energy.
Supplies the appropriate energy required for rapid rumen development and optimum growth rates.
Contains a digestible fiber source.
Stimulates development of the rumen.
Highly fortified with essential minerals and vitamins.
Enhances growth rate and supports the immune system.
Natural palatability enhancer.
Speeds up intake and the transition from milk to dry feed.
Medicated with Deccox®.
Aids in the prevention of coccidiosis.
Studies show that calves fed Power Calf Grower:
- ADG of 1.0 kg (2.2 lbs) – Calves grew 0.9 to 1.1 kg per day depending on herd mature body weight.
- 10-day hip height growth rate of 2.0 cm (0.8”) – Calves grew on average 2.0 cm taller every 10-day increment between birth and 24 weeks.
- Calves achieve 25% of their mature body weight at 24 weeks of age.
- Calves double their birth weight at weaning.
*Results based on routline collection of performance data from 20 herd in Ontario, calves fed Power Calf Starter utnil 12 weeks of age, followed by 12 weeks of Power Calf Grower. Calves fed high protein milk replacer and weaned at eight to nine weeks.