BosBuilder™ 16% Creep Beef Ration (Pellet)
For New Beef Calves
Net Weight: 25 kg Product #: Plain – 508158 / Medicated – 508055
Masterfeeds BosBuilder16% Creep Beef Ration (pellet) is a high fibre, high protein creep feed designed to provide supplemental feed to nursing calves. It provides extra protein, energy, minerals and vitamins for rapid weight gain prior to weaning.
- Crude Protein (minimum) 16.0%
- Crude Fat (minimum) 3.8%
- Crude Fibre (maximum) 17.0%
- Calcium (actual) 1.3%
- Phosphorous (actual) 0.37%
- Sodium (actual) 0.35%
- Vitamin A (minimum) 11,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D (minimum) 1,900 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (minimum) 44 IU/kg
This feed contains added Selenium at 0.3 mg/kg.
Why Creep Feed?
A calf requires a proper level of nutrition in order to reach its genetic potential. Research has shown that the nutrition requirements of the calf cannot be met by the mother cow’s milk alone, and while calves can consume grass, they are unable to ingest enough to meet their daily requirement for proper growth. The result is what is termed a “hungry calf gap”.
The best way to eliminate this nutrient deficiency is through the introduction of a high quality protein supplement as a creep feed. This type of ration will not only aid the calf in achieving optimum growth, the creep feed will also lessen the demand on the cow for milk. The result is the calf being able to reach its full genetic potential along with a better-conditioned cow. A cow that is able to gain weight during the grazing season is able to channel more of her food intake into body condition as opposed to providing energy to the calf.
Feed as a complete feed to cattle along with forage. Changes to the feeding program should be made gradually for adaptation to take place. Follow an on-farm feeding program provided by your Masterfeeds Account Manager.
- Use a sturdy, well-designed and well-protected creep feeder.
- Place the feeder in a convenient cow-calf loafing area.
- Make certain the feed is fresh by filling the feeder with only enough feed to last 10 to 14 days.
- Never let the creep feeder go empty. Maintain proper herd health management.
Features & Benefits
Highly digestible fibre, high protein, natural protein, calcium, phosphorous, salt, trace minerals, vitamins.
- Encourages forage digestion and utilization.
- Ensures protein does not limit calves’ genetic potential for growth.
- Maximizes utilization of protein for rapid and efficient growth.
- Major minerals needed for skeletal growth and maintenance.
- Highly available trace minerals for rumen microbial development, enhances performance and proper immune function.
- Optimal performance and overall health.
Available medicated with Avatec®. Cattle supplemented with Avatec® can have an 11% higher average daily gain than non-medicated cattle on pasture.