Catapult 16% Creep Feed (Pellet)
For Beef Calves
Net Weight: 25 kg Product #: Plain – 500827 / Medicated – 500817
Masterfeeds Catapult 16% Creep Feed (pellet) is a high fibre, high protein creep feed designed to provide supplemental feed to nursing calves. It provides extra protein, energy, minerals and vitamins for rapid weight gain prior to weaning.
- Crude Protein (minimum) 16.0%
- Crude Fat (minimum) 3.8%
- Crude Fibre (maximum) 16.0%
- Calcium (actual) 1.2%
- Phosphorus (minimum) 0.5%
- Sodium (actual) 0.28%
- Vitamin A (minimum) 12,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D3 (minimum) 2,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (minimum) 45 IU/kg
This feed contains added Selenium at 0.3 mg/kg.
Why Creep Feed?
A calf requires the proper levels of nutrition in order to reach its genetic potential. Research has shown that the nutrition requirements of the calf cannot be met by the cow’s milk alone, and while calves can consume grass, they are unable to ingest enough to meet their daily requirement for proper growth. The result is what is termed a “hungry calf gap”.
The best way to eliminate this nutrient deficiency is through the introduction of a high-quality protein supplement such as a creep feed. This type of ration will not only aid the calf in achieving optimum growth, the creep feed will also lessen the demand on the cow for milk. This results in the calf being able to reach it’s full genetic potential along with a better-conditioned cow.
A cow that is able to gain weight during the grazing season is able to channel more of her food intake into body condition as opposed to providing energy to the calf. In the end, the advantages of a high-performance calf creep feed are expressed in both a calf with improved weight gain and appearance and a cow with better conditioning, which enables her to breed back more readily.
Feed as a complete feed to cattle along with forage. Changes to the feeding program should be made gradually for adaptation to take place. Follow an
on-farm feeding program provided by your Masterfeeds Account Manager.
Features & Benefits
Highly digestible fibre, high protein, natural protein, calcium, phosphorous, salt, trace minerals, vitamins.
- Encourages forage digestion and utilization.
- Ensures protein does not limit calves’ genetic potential for growth.
- Maximizes utilization of protein for rapid and efficient growth.
- Major minerals needed for skeletal growth and maintenance.
- Highly available trace minerals for rumen microbial development, enhances performance and proper immune function.
- Optimal performance and overall health.